FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
PhpBB- & WordPress- antispam.com
Home of the Antispam for all fields mod ! 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

PhpBB- & WordPress- antispam.com Forum Index » [PhpBB2] Feature requests » Fieldfest idea?
  The time now is Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:26 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Fieldfest idea?  Reply with quote  

Lord Raiden
Experienced user

Ok, I don't know if this would work and I'm not sure if it's doable, but I was thinking about something dealing with the way the algorithm generates the random form id for the username and password fields. Could we add a "seed" field in the field fest options that allows a person to put in anywhere from a 2 to a 16 character "seed" for the algorithm? The seed would then be used to generate the random characters that make up the username and password fields. Then if a spammer figured out the seed, you just change it and they're immediately thwarted. That is, assuming they can figure it out. If everyone has the ability to set their own seed, it wouldn't be that hard to keep these guys at bay for a very long time. You might have to update the algorithms every couple of years, but otherwise, it should hold for the foreseeable future. Smile

It's just an idea. Use and abuse as you see fit. Very Happy

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM

PhpBB- & WordPress- antispam.com Forum Index » [PhpBB2] Feature requests » Fieldfest idea?

Page 1 of 1