FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
PhpBB- & WordPress- antispam.com
Home of the Antispam for all fields mod ! 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

PhpBB- & WordPress- antispam.com Forum Index » [PhpBB2] Feature requests » Spam Scout - New add-in for spam mod - please read.
  The time now is Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:50 am 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Spam Scout - New add-in for spam mod - please read.  Reply with quote  

Lord Raiden
Experienced user

Ok, this is a really, really, really beta module that I've done for two things. One as a proof of concept. The second is as a way to scout out the forum for spam posts that got under the radar. Those would be ones that got posted prior to when you installed the mod, or before you added your newest keywords. It would be run maybe once a month or every couple of months manually to look for possible spam that's snuck in during the meantime. I've used it and nailed several spam posts that were hidden that I didn't know about. Most likely pre-spammod stuff, or stuff that got in before I added newer keywords to catch it.

Again, this is really rough code as I did it just good enough to make it work. You guys are welcome to clean it up, hack it to death and make it all pretty. Once it's ready, Ramon can add it into the spam mod. Smile

BTW, I also took the raw code right out of the spam checking routines because I didn't feel like fighting with phpbb, so I did a little modding myself. Wink

Ramon: This is the add-in I was telling you about. Smile

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

ramon fincken
Site Admin

oeh...now this looks interesting ...

tell us more Laughing Laughing

PhpBB2 mod: http://www.phpbbantispam.com/viewtopic.php?t=1
WordPress plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/antispam-for-all-fields/
Project files & mailinglist: https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbbantispam/

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Lord Raiden
Experienced user

Well, what I'm looking to eventually do with this is to be able to completely scan not just for spam stuff that got under the radar, but questionable usernames and each of the profile fields too in search of spam stuff. At this point there really asn't much more to tell than what I already mentioned.

Of course I just realized that I never linked the mod for you guys in the first post like I should have. lol. I guess I was tired last night or something.

www.raiden.net/downloads/spamscout.rar

There ya go. Geez. It does kinda help if I link that, doesn't it? Wink

I'm off work through the 3rd, so I'll be away from my coding machine till then, so I won't be able to work on this till the 4th, so if anyone wants to tinker with this, please do. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

ramon fincken
Site Admin

waaw this is a good one !

I"ll see if I can put it in 1.2.5 or 6 Smile

PhpBB2 mod: http://www.phpbbantispam.com/viewtopic.php?t=1
WordPress plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/antispam-for-all-fields/
Project files & mailinglist: https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbbantispam/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Lord Raiden
Experienced user

By all means, feel free to. Like I said, you'll need to clean it up a bit since it's basically pieced together to "work" rather than be pretty. I figured to make it work first, *then* worry about making it pretty. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Lord Raiden
Experienced user

Brain's been on slow simmer again and it's gotten me to wondering something for a possible addition. Does the existing spam mod count the number of URL's that exist in a post? I know there's no limit currently configurable, so I wasn't sure. If not, it *may* be something to consider for an addition. I don't know how practical it would be and how many non-spam posts it might grab by accident. But it would work wonders for nabbing anyone who is submitting huge linkbombs where the whole page is nothing but links.

EDIT: Did some tinkering and came up with this:

Code:
   // Final check.  Count total URL's in page.  IF greater than $url_total, kill the script.
   preg_match('href', $txt, $matches);

if ($matches > $url_total) { $spamstatus == true; }

I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm gonna add it to my trouble ticketing system to see if it cuts down on the spam coming into it.

EDIT2: Ok, my programming sucks. I had to do some really ba**ardized coding to make this work. Here's what's in my script.

Code:

$txt = $body;
   $txt = stripslashes($txt);
   $txt = preg_replace("/:\/\//si", "_", $txt);
   $txt = preg_replace("/\//si", "_", $txt);
   $txt = stripslashes($txt);
    $matches = 0;
    preg_match_all('/http/i', $txt, $matches);
   $total = count($matches[0]);

I then look at the $total value and decide if there's enough hits or not to warrent flagging this. My form has this hard coded at 4. So if there's 4 URL's in the form, bam!, it's flagged. If we want to use this in the actual mod, we'll need to swap some variable names so that the poster's original content isn't stepped on. Comments welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Lord Raiden
Experienced user

Well, I've been tinkering with this on my forms and interestingly enough, it flags all the URL dumps without a problem right off the bat. Smile So something that catches URL dumps may be worth considering as a configurable addition.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

WebSnail
Phpbb coder

Lord Raiden wrote:
Well, I've been tinkering with this on my forms and interestingly enough, it flags all the URL dumps without a problem right off the bat. Smile So something that catches URL dumps may be worth considering as a configurable addition.

Given the recent spams I've seen that are still getting through I'm with you on this... Something to catch excessive URL posts would be a boon.

Likewise it'd be useful to have a regex that looks for url enclosures around X characters. Too often I see posts like this:
Code:
[url="someurl.com"].[/url]

... along with some "clever" colour matching to the CSS so you don't spot it unless you are particularly awake.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Lord Raiden
Experienced user

Oh, after getting burned on a couple of those kind of posts, I'm already very sharp on catching them. Plus hitting edit and seeing what lies behind the post is also useful. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Lord Raiden
Experienced user

Anyone using this additional tool? Any updates you know that need to be done to it to improve what it does?

PhpBB- & WordPress- antispam.com Forum Index » [PhpBB2] Feature requests » Spam Scout - New add-in for spam mod - please read.

Page 1 of 1